M. Zuhdi Jasser, M.D., P.C.
Our physicians specialize in the prevention, detection and treatment of illnesses in adults.
NUCLEAR CARDIOLOGY TESTING
Advanced Nuclear Cardiology, P.L.L.C., a subsidiary of M. Zuhdi Jasser, M.D. P.C.
We provide a broad range of nuclear cardiology testing to fit the diagnostic needs of our patients. Nuclear cardiac testing involves introducing, minimally, radioactive material (thallium) into the body to help image the heart muscle and diagnose the presence of coronary artery disease or cardiomyopathy (heart muscle disease).
A natural complement to any primary care or cardiology practice, this non-invasive imaging technique allows for the evaluation of coronary arteries and the heart muscle indirectly by looking at the perfusion of the heart muscle with a nuclear tracer. Nuclear imaging of the heart is a well-established gold standard for the non-invasive evaluation of our cardiac patients.
All our nuclear imaging tests are overseen and interpreted by M. Zuhdi Jasser, M.D., F.A.C.P. Dr. Jasser is a diplomate of the Certification Board of Nuclear Cardiology and a clinical instructor of nuclear cardiology in the cardiology fellowship training program for Banner Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center.
- TREADMILL STRESS TESTS
- CHEST X-RAY
- HOLTER MONITOR
- BONE DENSITY (DEXA)
New Direction VLCD:
MEDICAL WEIGHT MANAGEMENT
Arizona Health and Wellness L.L.C.
Supervised by a team of healthcare professionals led by a physician, the New Direction System offers two medically supervised weight management programs varying in treatment intensity- a Very Low Calorie Diet (VLCD) and a Low Calorie Diet (LCD).
The New Direction system offers behavior modification, nutrition education, physical activity, and one on one support to reinforce lasting lifestyle changes.
Healthy benefits typically include a reduction in co-morbid conditions, including lower blood pressure, lower blood sugar levels in type 2 diabetic, lower serum cholesterol and reduced pain in weight- bearing joints.
New Direction Low Calorie Diet:
- A medically supervised rapid weight loss program designed for individuals with a BMI >30 or over 27 with co-morbidities.
- Four high-quality, high protein, low carbohydrate meal replacements provide the sole daily source of nutrition during the Reducing Phase.
- Each nutritionally complete serving provides 100% of the RDI for 24 vitamins and minerals.
- Offers a variety of great tasting products.
- Designed for individuals with a BMI of 25 or greater.
- Two or more high-quality nutritional products, combine with one balanced meal, help participants achieve gradual, steady weight loss.
- Provides 70% of the RDI for 24 vitamins and minerals in two nutritionally balance servings, plus a balanced meal that complies with American heat Associations guidelines.
4 Phase Approach: Screening, Reducing (active weight loss), Adapting, and Maintenance
Why Choose the M. Zuhdi Jasser, M.D., P.C New Direction System?
- Proven treatment for the disease of obesity.
- Part of the comprehensive treatment plan for diseases including diabetes, hypertension, cardiovascular disease, and sleep apnea.
- Wellness approach in the prevention of coronary heart disease and many types of cancer.
- Comprehensive Intensive Behavioral Therapy Program complemented by patient education material.
- Offers a variety of programs to meet the needs of all patients while enabling patients to stay in control of their eating.
- Offers ongoing programs and support in Maintenance.
For the convenience of our patients, lab testing is performed in-house through Sonora Quest Laboratories. This service benefits both our patients and our doctors in that lab results are available more quickly.