M. Zuhdi Jasser, M.D., P.C.
Our physicians specialize in the prevention, detection and treatment of illnesses in adults.
NUCLEAR CARDIOLOGY TESTING
Advanced Nuclear Cardiology, P.L.L.C., a subsidiary of M. Zuhdi Jasser, M.D., P.C.
We provide a broad range of nuclear cardiology testing to fit the diagnostic needs of our patients. Nuclear cardiology testing involves the minimal introduction of a radioactive material (thallium) into the body to help image the heart muscle and diagnose the presence of coronary artery disease or cardiomyopathy (heart muscle disease).
A natural complement to any primary care or cardiology practice, this non-invasive imaging technique allows for the evaluation of coronary arteries and the heart muscle indirectly by looking at the passage of fluid through the heart muscle with a nuclear tracer. Nuclear imaging of the heart is a well-established gold standard for the non-invasive evaluation of our cardiac patients.
All of our nuclear imaging tests are overseen and interpreted by Dr. Jasser, a diplomat of the Certification Board of Nuclear Cardiology and a clinical instructor of nuclear cardiology in the cardiology fellowship training program for Banner Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center.
- Treadmill Stress Tests
- Chest X-Ray
- Holter Moniter
MEDICAL WEIGHT MANAGEMENT
Supervised by a team of healthcare professionals led by a physician, the New Direction System offers two medically supervised weight management programs varying in treatment intensity- a Very Low Calorie Diet (VLCD) and a Low Calorie Diet (LCD).
The New Direction system offers behavior modification, nutrition education, physical activity, and one on one support to reinforce lasting lifestyle changes.
Healthy benefits typically include a reduction in co-morbid conditions, including lower blood pressure, lower blood sugar levels in type 2 diabetic, lower serum cholesterol and reduced pain in weight- bearing joints.
New Direction VLCD:
- A medically supervised rapid weight loss program designed for individuals with a BMI >30 or over 27 with co-morbidities (the simultaneous presence of two chronic diseases or conditions in a patient. )
- Four high-quality, high protein, low carbohydrate meal replacements provide the sole daily source of nutrition during the Reducing Phase.
- Each nutritionally complete serving provides 100% of the RDI for 24 vitamins and minerals.
- Offers a variety of great tasting products.
New Direction Low Calorie Diet:
- Designed for individuals with a BMI of 25 or greater.
- Two or more high-quality nutritional products, combine with one balanced meal, help participants achieve gradual, steady weight loss.
- Provides 70% of the RDI for 24 vitamins and minerals in two nutritionally balance servings, plus a balanced meal that complies with American Heart Associations guidelines.
4 Phase Approach: Screening, Reducing (active weight loss), Adapting, and Maintenance
Why Choose the New Direction System?
- Proven treatment for the disease of obesity.
- Part of the comprehensive treatment plan for diseases including diabetes, hypertension, cardiovascular disease, and sleep apnea.
- Wellness approach in the prevention of coronary heart disease and many types of cancer.
- Comprehensive Intensive Behavioral Therapy Program complemented by patient education material.
- Offers a variety of programs to meet the needs of all patients while enabling patients to stay in control of their eating.
- Offers ongoing programs and support in Maintenance.
For the convenience of our patients, lab testing is performed in-house through Sonora Quest Laboratories. This service benefits both our patients and our doctors in that lab results are available more quickly.